What is an EtG Alcohol Test?
This rapid screening urine dip tests for Ethyl Glucuronide (EtG). EtG is the metabolite present in the urine after the consumption of alcohol.
What is the detection period and accuracy for the instant EtG alcohol test?
The EtG metabolite may be visible as soon as 2 hours after consuming alcohol and up to 80 hours after. This makes the EtG urine screen a great way to test for alcohol consumption over the past few days. The low cutoff level of 500ng/mL allows this at home EtG test to screen accurately and reduce the number of false positive results.
Why would the EtG alcohol test benefit me?
The longer detection window (as opposed to saliva or breath testing mechanisms) allows for more accurate results and will keep those being tested honest and true to their recovery programs. Having a quick and reliable test on hand like the EtG alcohol test will allow individuals to be tested at a moments notice at home or onsite at the workplace. Since the EtG screens specifically for urine samples, there is no need to worry about tests being fooled by mouthwash or other types of alcohol adulterants that are commonly used to alter results of a mouth swab.
Instructions for using the EtG Alcohol Test
- Provide urine sample into collection cup
- Remove EtG test from package and insert testing strip into sample
- Saturate for 5-10 seconds, remove and lay on a flat, dry surface
- Results will appear in 5 minutes or less
- Two lines indicates negative result,
- One line (top line only) indicates positive result
- One line (bottom line only) indicates invalid result